Are you tired of those blackheads on your face? Removing them can be a challenge. But don’t worry, as there is one simple and effective way of getting rid of those blackheads.
It is by using hydrogen peroxide. Wondering how that can help you remove your blackheads? Then read this post!
How To Use Hydrogen Peroxide To Remove Blackheads:
Using a hydrogen peroxide treatment to remove blackheads is simple. All you need to do is:
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser to remove any excess oil, bacteria and other impurities from your skin. Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Next, exfoliate the areas of your skin that are affected by blackheads. You can use a homemade face scrub that is a paste made with sugar and water. It will be mildly abrasive to help in removing the oxidized blackhead surfaces. Rinse thoroughly.
- Now it is time for the hydrogen peroxide treatment (2). Moisten a cotton ball with 3% hydrogen peroxide and gently dab your blackheads with it. Make sure that you avoid your eyebrows and hairline as it will bleach your hair.
- Moisturize your skin with jojoba, avocado or olive oil while it is still damp. Massage 1 teaspoon of the oil on your face. It will act as an emollient that smoothens and protects your skin by retaining moisture.
The hydrogen peroxide will dissolve the blackheads and eliminate them from your skin. You can also use it to remove blackhead scars. All you need to do is exfoliate, and then using a cotton ball, rub the affected areas with a solution of equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water. Leave it on overnight and wash off in the morning. With time, you will get skin that looks bright and clear.
Tips To Remember:
- Never over-exfoliate your skin as it will irritate your skin and remove more stratum corneum than it should. This is a layer of bonded, dead skin cells that prevents your skin from losing moisture and keeps infection away.
- If you do not want to use hydrogen peroxide on your skin, you can opt for lemon juice instead. This is another great home remedy for acne and pimples as well as for removing scars (3).
- If you prefer, you can use salt instead of sugar to exfoliate your skin. However, remember that salt will make your skin dry. Sugar is a humectants (4), which means that it helps in drawing moisture from the air to your skin. It is also a good source of alpha hydroxy acid, which keeps the sebum plugs in your pores soft.
- Always be careful to avoid contact with your eyes when you use hydrogen peroxide. If it gets into your eyes, rinse off with water immediately. If you experience any problems, visit a medical professional at once.
- Use an exfoliating scrub 1 to 2 times a week. This will work on the pores and prevent blackheads from appearing on your skin.
- Always use a mild face cleanser and moisturizer to help soothe and heal your skin. All-natural products are best, especially when you have acne and other skin problems (5).
When it comes to blackhead removal treatments, one of the most effective is hydrogen peroxide. As this problem is hard to get rid of, you need to use something that can dissolve the blackheads, which this peroxide will do with great efficacy. With this treatment, you can remove blackheads and scars and get skin that looks bright, clear and radiant.
We hope this post has helped you. Do tell us by commenting in the box below.