Are you looking for ways to optimize a small salon space?
Then you’ve landed in the right place.
Picking a small salon location is a smart call if you’re opening a salon on a budget. It allows for a good address and premium salon design, while keeping costs low.
But it also comes with some challenges.
This is why I’ve pulled together this list of 21 small salon design ideas to help you to pick the right salon format and design it in a way that maximizes the perception and function of your salon space.
Today, we’ll cover the different types of small salons, small salon design ideas, how you can maximise your small salon floor plan as well as decor ideas for small salons.
The article is part of my step-by-step guide to opening a salon. If you haven’t done so already, I strongly recommend you check out this salon start-up guide when you’re done with this article.
Get More Salon Clients and Grow Your Salon’s Profit
Use the ideas and strategies on this page in conjunction with these tools to get more salon clients and boost your profit.
- Square Point of Sale: The best POS system and salon management tool (free)
- Square Appointments: The best appointment scheduling software (free for individuals)
- Square Online: The most easy-to-use salon website builder and online store (free)
- Canva Brand Design: Design marekting material (social media images, posters, business cards, and more..) and get printed versions delivered to your doorstep (free and pro plan available)
- Constant Contact Email Marketing: Build client loyalty with a professional salon newsletter from the best email provider for local businesses (free 30 day trial)
- Amazon Business: Get access to professional-only products at lower prices on Amazon (free)
- Fundera Business Loan Comparison: Compare salon financing options you never knew you had (free and won’t affect your credit score)
Small Salon Ideas: Salon Location on a Budget
There’s not one type of small salon.
You have many options when it comes to the type of small salon that you want to run.
Let’s start with 5 small salon ideas and what you should consider with each option.
1. Studio Salon
Who says a salon has to have twelve chairs?
A studio salon is a great option for a startup salon.
It can have multiple chairs depending on the size of the space, but just because it’s small doesn’t mean that you can’t have all of your needs met.
When running your salon in a confined space, it’s important to consider the salon equipment you’ll need.
In particular, where the reception desk goes, the waiting area, chairs, shampoo bowls, dryer area, dispensary, storage area, and retail area.
But with some planning, a studio salon can be a perfect fit.